Thursday, December 10, 2009

These Beliefs I Have Outgrown


I used to believe alot of things about this world. For instance Santa and the like used to be people I really felt existed and hoped were real. Yet Santa does not hold alot of weight (no pun intended) in the world of reality. Other things have come to my attention now as I have gotten older and I begun to form my own ideas and realizations. I have especially realized that not every thing I have heard is true.

As I have come to understand politics and my own faith I realize that things such as laws and restrictions by government are not always good for humanity, or moral. One law that comes to mind is capital punishment. I had heard talk from many adults that it was good that men were going to pay for their crimes. Many western movies I have seen show that the bad guys diserved to be hanged. So I right out grew to know capital punishment as a just a moral thing to do. I no longer view putting any person to death. I realize that killing a man for his crime is just as bad as the murder he commited. Thou shall not kill/murder. The second commandment. I dont see how it is okay to kill someone for killing. It's still killing even if it is in the law. I try to keep up with new laws and try to compare and contrast my faith to them to judge their morality. Abortion and euthenasia are issues I have alot of concern for.

Recently I have come to an understanding that in many respects government is not the answer to any of our problems in the U.S. I use to be of the persuasion that the government is my friend, however reading the constitution and looking at the declaration it shows how little our forefathers believed in an all powerful governing body such as what ours has become. I try everyday to challenge my own beliefs through lots of thought and research.

No comments:

Post a Comment