Thursday, December 10, 2009

These Convictions I have Lived By


I have always thought and been taught to follow directions as best I can. Not in the sense that I blindly go forth and follow whatever I am told as if I am a mindless robot, but as a human being who wishes to do things right to please others and in the end feel good about an accomplishment. In the classroom I can think of times when I seem to be the only one who follows the directions of a teacher and I end up finishing or answering first with ease, which also makes the teacher happy. I try to think before I act. I listen to how, for instance, someone explains a topic based on their experience and then I act following their guidance, while mixing in some of my own ideas. I am only trying to say that I think about every choice I have in the context of what others have told me and what I think about it. Most often I have found that the times I have followed the advice of others I find my situatation better then the times I say that I can solve the problem alone. I am not saying that I am perfect or anything but I try to do things as perfect as I can to help do the right job for others. I try to live a life of service by listening to my elders and to what I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment