Wednesday, December 16, 2009

These Things I Regret About My Life


When my mom underwent her heart surgery I felt regret immediatly for not taking the time to care for her better. I felt bad that I didn't show her enough love. I regreted all the times I caused her trouble and stress. I regreted lying. Most of all I regreted all the times I could have shown her just how much I appreciated her. So many times I think people take for granted the people they love. We encompass our lives so much in pleasing ourselves and we end up forgetting how important our loved ones really are to us. I know that I always used to take for granted my mother when it came to my laundry, meals, and money. You end up feeling terrible for all the times you obliviously take advantage of someone without saying thanks. I am blessed to still have my mom with me, but her suffering has forced me to come to terms with my mistakes and work on being more responsible and appreciative of not just my mom, but of everyone I meet, because anyone you meet can disappear without a trace.

No comments:

Post a Comment