Wednesday, December 16, 2009

These Sufferings Have Seasoned Me


The first real suffering I had experienced in my life was when I broke my left leg in the 8th grade. It was more physical suffering rather then psychological.

I yelled at the top of my lungs when I fell from the stairs, landing on the ground with a large bulge in my knee. I was in the fetel position screaming. It hurt bad! The ambulance ride was excrutiating, even with morphine. I ended up having surgery to fix a seperated piece of my shin bone. It was bad and a little sad, but in comparison to the injuries I recieved in football to the opposite knee; the first injury seemed like nothing.

Two years in a row I ended up dislocating the same knee cap doing the same football drill. Honestly it sucked because I had to suffer through pain and I couldn't participate thru two entire seasons. Ultimatly I ended up not playing senior year because the doctor said I would run the risk of popping it again. Every day both knees cause me pain. Some days are better than others, but I will always have bad knees to deal with.

No comments:

Post a Comment